Ten top interview tips – STEPS Employment Solutions
FINDING A JOB CAN BE HARD WORK. LUCKILY WE’RE HERE TO HELP.
Our experience in helping people with injury, illness or disability find work has made STEPS Employment Solutions a trusted name in providing supported employment services.
We can help you prepare for work and find a job that’s right for you. Our professional consultants will provide you with support to ensure you’re on track to a successful career. Check out these top tips for your next interview:
- Do your research well. Look up the company and find out as much as you can.
- Make a great first impression. Dress the right way for the role. If unsure, always dress more formally or neatly.
- Arrive early. Plan to arrive at your job interview 10 to 15 minutes early.
- Let your enthusiasm show! Make your first impression count, good handshake, eye contact and a smile.
- Be ready, focus on employer goals. Be ready with answers about your accomplishments, strengths and weaknesses.
- Stay involved & attentive. Best job interviews are those with active two-way conversations.
- Ask probing questions. Have a few carefully pre-planned questions which shows your understanding and interest in the position.
- Be confident, not arrogant. Confidence shows, however be careful not to be presumptuous or aloof. Be authentic.
- Know your strengths. Be prepared to discuss what you can bring to the role and organisation. Your main attributes and values in detail.
- Stay positive about former employers & colleagues. Your positivity will make a great impression.
Why not pop in to see us, and start planning your future.
We have offices in Cairns, Bundaberg, Gympie, Townsville, Ayr, Hobart, Sunshine Coast, Alice Springs and Darwin!
No appointment needed. You’re always welcome at STEPS Employment Solutions. 1300 078 377
STEPS Employment Solutions provide services under the Australian Government’s Disability Employment Services initiative.